Monday, November 06, 2006

Hired! =)

Heyyy guysss!! I just got a job!! So I thought I should get a job for my holidays. You know, some extra pocket money wouldn't hurt. So on Sunday I went to 1u in search of a job. Walked around for about 8 hours, walked in to AT LEAST 15 shops, and managed to only apply for 3 jobs. The others turned me down upon asking either because they were already full OR i'm underaged. Managed to sign up for McD, GSC and A&W in 1u.

Then on monday after school I headed to the curve to find more jobs! Walked around but there weren't many vacancies around. The food stalls there were in dire need of extra man power, but sighed & turned me down when they found out i was 15. So i was about to leave to 1u, and see if i missed out any jobs there, when SUDDENLY, from behind that escalator encased in glass, i saw, what was endazzling to my eyes, Gourmet restaurant O'Briens. And lucky me, they had a job vacancy!

So I went in, took a form and was bloody happy to find out they were hiring 15 yr olds. =) So i handed in the form, but once i left the shop, the supervisor ran out and asked me to come back in again for an interview. He wanted to interview me now since he was free so I wouldn't have to come back again for an interview. So I sat and talked to him, and suddenly, this guy goes "well, I want to hire you''.. and my jaws just, dropped open. There was NO WAY i could hide that smile. Like omg?! I just got hired for my 1st job on the spot!

So he tells me about the job. He starts off by telling me most of the workers there are also students like me doing part time jobs. Then he says its a team-based job, so my job would range from preparing sandwiches at the counter, to scrubbing the floor, to serving customers, basically everything. Where help is needed, then help shall be given. Then he tells me my pay, which is Rm4.50 an hour (that pays more than mcd, gsc, or even a&w) Thumbs up for everything. So now im just waiting for him to call me back to tell me my schedule, and when i can start working. He says within 3 days. so, *cross fingers* the sooner the better!

Thats about it for now guys. TAG!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home